With multiple municipal buildings and over 600 employees, the City of West Allis is a large and complex organization, but we believe communication should be easy. All employees are provided with multiple tools to stay connected to their coworkers, other departments, and with the West Allis community we serve.
AskAllis, our employee intranet, and email are two of the most important communications tools we have at West Allis. Both are quick, effective means of connecting all employees within our organization, regardless of their work shift or location, which is why all employees are granted access to them. We encourage you to log in regularly to both.
Welcome to AskAllis
Our employee intranet, AskAllis, is a vital resource of documents, information, and even some fun stuff! Employee news and updates are posted here, and we also celebrate anniversaries, retirements, and other exciting milestones. AskAllis is a one-stop-shop for all things a City employee needs to stay informed.
To access AskAllis, open any Internet browser and type http://askallis.westalliswi.gov. Alternatively, you can go to the City website at www.westalliswi.gov and click ‘City Portal’ on the bottom right-hand corner of the homepage.
- IMPORTANT: AskAllis is available 24/7/365 from any internet connected device. That means all the important information you need is available anytime, anywhere. Regardless of the way you access AskAllis, you will need to log in using the username and password provided to you by the Information Technology Department.
You'll start on the homepage:
- Search: Save time – type keywords into the Search box to find what you’re looking for, fast.
- What’s New: The top headlines of the day, sharing what’s happening around the organization.
- About Us: Budget information, Strategic Plan updates, meeting agendas and minutes, and links to our monthly employee newsletter.
- Help Center/Emergency: Emergency preparation materials, training manuals and how-tos, and other helpful documents.
- Resources: Policies and procedures, job descriptions, recruitment information, and pre-retirement details. Think of Resources as HR online!
- Learning and Development: Inspiring articles to help you be your best, plus training information and more.
- How Do I…: Addressing frequently asked questions up front. Check “how do I” to get answers to common employee questions.
- IT Service Request: Got a problem with your computer or phone, or need to request a print job from Creative Services? Use the IT Service Request to submit your service ticket.
- Novatime: Our digital timeclock for payroll record keeping.
- Code: View our Municipal Code.
- Benefit Information: All the information you need about your employee benefits.
- Notify Me: Subscribe to receive text or email alerts when the latest news and calendar items are posted to AskAllis.
- Submit a SCORE Corps nomination: Nominate a colleague for our peer-to-peer recognition program, the SCORE Corps.
Other Ways to Connect
City Website: www.westalliswi.gov
Our City website serves residents and visitors to the City of West Allis by providing timely information and online services. Residents can pay their property tax and utility bills, order garbage carts and rain barrels, and acquire permits.
Visit www.westalliswi.gov/notifyme to subscribe to receive email or text notifications about City news, meetings and events as they are shared with the public.
City Administrator Weekly Update
Watch your inbox on Wednesdays for a personal message and timely updates from City Administrator Rebecca Grill.
It’s Your City and It’s Your City Monthly
It’s Your City is the City of West Allis’ bi-annual print newsletter, distributed to 35,000+ addresses city-wide. It’s Your City Monthly is our digital supplement to the print newsletter, and is published monthly. You can subscribe to both at www.westalliswi.gov/notifyme. Archives of past issues are available on the City website at www.westalliswi.gov/newsletters.
City Social Media
The Mayor, the City, and several departments are active on social media. Join the conversation! View active platforms.
City Government Access Channel
The West Allis City Channel is West Allis' onsite government access television station and also an award-winning full-service production facility. The City Channel produces programs about City services and operations, including:
- Live broadcasts of Common Council Meetings on the first and third Tuesday of each month
- Live broadcasts of License & Health Committee Meetings on the fourth Tuesday of each month
- Promotion of City-sponsored events
- Live Meeting Coverage on our YouTube Channel
You can find West Allis City Channel on the following service providers:
- Time Warner Cable, channel 25, available to West Allis subscribers only.
- AT&T U-Verse, channel 99